Amazon Echo Dot (1st Gen)
Echo Dot 1st Generation
Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses the same far-field voice recognition as Amazon Echo. Dot has a small built-in speaker—it can also connect to your speakers over Bluetooth or with the included audio cable. Dot connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more—instantly.
Echo Dot can hear you from across the room, even while music is playing. When you want to use Echo Dot, just say the wake word "Alexa" and Dot responds instantly. If you have more than one Echo or Echo Dot, Alexa responds intelligently from the Echo device you're closest to with ESP (Echo Spatial Perception). Learn more about ESP.
Sleek and compact design makes Echo Dot a convenient addition to any room in the house. With its built-in speaker, you can place Dot in the bedroom and use it as a smart alarm clock that can also turn off your lights. Or use Dot in the kitchen to easily set timers and add items to your shopping list using just your voice.
Echo Dot can also directly connect to speakers with stereo output using the included 3.5 mm audio cable or using Bluetooth to add voice-control to your home stereo system in the living room or den.
Echo Dot provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music, Prime Music, Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn.
Playing your music is easy—just ask for your favorite artist or song, a playlist from Spotify or Pandora, or let Alexa pick the music for you.
Tucked under the light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beam-forming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. With the same far-field voice recognition as Amazon Echo, Echo Dot can hear you ask a question from any direction—even while playing music.
When you want to use Echo Dot, simply say the wake word, "Alexa," and Dot lights up and streams audio to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service is leveraged to recognize and respond to your request instantly. Learn more about voice recognition on Echo Dot.
Alexa—the brain behind Echo Dot—is built in the cloud, so it is always getting smarter. The more you use Dot, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences. And because Echo Dot is always connected, updates are delivered automatically.
Just in the last few months we’ve added local search from Yelp, movie showtimes, Samsung SmartThings support, Google Calendar, Audible audiobooks, text-to-speech for eligible Kindle eBooks, and hundreds of new skills from third-party developers.
Skills add even more capabilities like ordering a pizza from Domino's, requesting a ride from Uber, opening your garage with Garageio, and more. Enabling skills lets your Echo Dot do even more—simply discover and enable the skills you want to use in the Alexa App.
New skills are being added all the time. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about the thousands of skills available in the Alexa App. Learn more about skills.
Use Echo Dot to switch on the lamp before getting out of bed, turn on the fan or turn up the thermostat while reading in your favorite chair, or dim the lights from the couch to watch a movie—all without lifting a finger…or even raising your voice.
Echo Dot works with smart home devices such as lights, switches, thermostats, and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, SmartThings, Insteon, Nest, ecobee, and Wink. Learn more about compatible smart home connected devices, including starter kits for easy setup.
With the free Alexa App on Fire OS, Android, iOS, and desktop browsers, you can easily setup and manage your Echo Dot.
Use the Alexa App to connect services you already use like Spotify, Pandora, and Google Calendar. Setup your smart home devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, SmartThings, Insteon, ecobee, and more. See what books are available to read from your Kindle and Audible libraries. View shopping and to-do lists while on the go. Control your timers and set custom tones for your alarms, and much more. The Alexa App is also where you discover and enable third-party skills.
- Size : 1.5" x 3.3" x 3.3" (38 mm x 83.5 mm x 83.5 mm)
- Weight : 8.8 oz. (250 grams) *Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process
- Wi-Fi Connectivity : Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) for faster streaming and fewer dropped connections than standard Wi-Fi. Supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
- Bluetooth Connectivity : Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Dot or from Echo Dot to your bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
- Audio : Built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers. 3.5 mm stereo audio output for use with external speakers.
- System Requirements : Echo Dot comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices and also accessible via your web browser. Certain skills and services may require subscription or other fees.
- Warranty and Service : 1-year limited warranty and service included. Use of Echo Dot is subject to the terms found here.
We Also Recommend
Philips Hue Connected Bulb (Starter Pack - 3 bulbs and Wireless bridge)